Incident Reporting Software
> Work Health and Safety Program
Work Health and Safety Program
A work health and safety program (WHS) is a system used to manage all occupational health and safety processes in an organization. Worker health and safety should be the primary priority in any workplace. The WHS program therefore streamlines and automates the obligations of the working environment.
Types of WHS system
1. Paper-based WHS system. Best used by small organizations as they are simple, incurs low costs, and easily customized. However, this type relies on paperwork and may get disadvantages of storage. The paperwork may use a lot of office space. Another con is that sensitive data is just shared with other staff members.
2. Hybrid WHS system. It's used mainly by small to medium-sized organizations. The system incurs low costs in ensuring communication within the business. This reduces the risk of losing information, as the organizations store it as both soft copy and hard copy. However, it has multiple limitations, such as limited data sharing and no automation.
3. Software-based WHS system. This suits medium to large organizations. They offer automated processes and improved ways to access data. This software helps an organization comply with health and safety requirements. Examples of commonly used software are modular and cloud-based approaches.
What are the significant benefits of a WHS program? A work health and safety system helps an organization create a safe workplace for its employees. But, it has other crucial advantages such as:
- Comply with the legislative standards and requirements
- Improves the employee's safety, health, and well-being
- Increases the organization's productivity
- Creates a safe workplace for both employee and employer
- Improves the organization's reputation and image
Components of a WHS program
Several components make up the WHS system to be reliable and functioning. They include:
- Organization and employee management
The management of employees is essential for the success of a business. With the WHS system, you can easily manage all employees and the management team. Employees can also view their data and manage it. Employees handle operations, hence saving a lot of money.
- Education and e-learning
The WHS program offers educational resources to all employees. The user-friendly software is essential as it helps employees access e-learning at their convenience. It leads to saving you a lot of time and money as well. With this method, an organization achieves a consistent level of knowledge.
- Gain compliance
Legal compliance is integral for the success of any organization. WHS software enables the organization to gain the legal standards required. It helps reduce accidents at work and work-related illnesses. This component of the software enables you to identify and recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each individual. The software helps you to improve on gaps assessed.
- Risk assessment tool
A risk assessment tool helps to ensure that work done is correct. The system offers categories where you can group the type of risks that are identified. Evaluation of the risk assessment becomes easy and reliable when managing risks.
- Hazardous materials management
The WHS system allows you to create a hazardous list. The list contains all the information about the hazardous substances; quantity, designation, physical form, chemical form, and classifications. Document on the software the hazardous material used or has increased in stock. It is necessary for continuous monitoring of the materials to prevent injuries from taking place.
- Incident management
The WHS system allows a decentralized recording of incidents. You can give more information about the incident, such as date, time, cause of injury, and its extent. All these recordings help you come up with preventative measures, which are shared with all employees.
- User administration
User administration allows you to have many users in the system and can manage them individually. The system is user-friendly, and one can use it alone without asking for help. It creates integration with other software platforms for the success of your organization.
- Equipment management
The WHS program offers a management system for inventory work. Inventory, inspections, and maintenance take place systematically. In addition, the program aids with the proper decision-making of buying the equipment and machines.
- Audit management
The WHS system offers support to the users to implement and inspect audits. It can create audit plans and notify all employees involved. Employees can audit from anywhere they are and from any available devices. You can achieve a comprehensive plan of audit from internal, external, and suppliers' audits for the proper running of the organization.
With the right WHS system, errors in reporting, communication, and outdated compliance documentation do not pose any problems. This means that an organization will manage its workplace health and safety compliance better if it has implemented reliable WHS management programs.